In 1991 Mr. Ray founded Charles Ray and Associates, as a unique resource for affordable custom upholstery to the trade. What began as a single 1,000 sq. ft. showroom is now a significant presence at multiple Market Centers in the U.S.
Benefits to the Trade include:
- One of the broadest custom upholstery resources available with hundreds of silhouettes in every design category.
- Showrooms in the leading Design Centers of Atlanta, Dallas, and Minneapolis.
- A straightforward, “workroom” environment. All product is covered in white fabric, giving the designer a quick, easy view of design details.
- Design flexibility through special applications and options.
- COMs are welcome.
- Over 10,000 fabric choices from the industry’s leading fabric suppliers.
- Consistently reliable quality and tailoring, backed by a lifetime frame warranty.
- Professional assistance from highly trained designer consultants who are well versed in the product line. They are also available to help resolve any customer service issues.
- A straightforward, value oriented pricing policy that allows the designer/decorator to give their client quality furniture at a reasonable price.
- A state-of-the-art website where the designer can create and save confidential client profiles, as well as plan and view product.
Thousands of designers and decorators have used Charles Ray and Associates as a custom upholstery resource. The company continues to expand and evolve, giving the trade valuable tools needed to be a success in the home furnishing industry.
With over 35 years of experience, Charles Ray is one of the most highly regarded professionals in the home furnishings industry.
His credits include:
- Past Chairman, International Home Furnishings Representatives Association, a 3000 member organization
- Past President, Georgia Home Furnishings Representatives Association
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- Dallas Market Center ARTS Awards judge
- National Home Furnishings Assocation Retailer of the Year Award judge
- American Society of Interior Designers Supporter
- Sponsor and member, International Furnishings and Design Association
- Active Sponsor and vote-holding member, American Furniture Hall of Fame